“ST” is hard work, but it is one of the best types of training that you can do to prepare for success in the pros. “ST” should be one of your favorite training workouts, because you can instantly tell that you’ve become better. You can feel the results.
In this training program, you will learn how to:
- Control your body and top end speed
- Develop gears of speed
- Understand when to go 75%, 85%, or 90% (you don’t typically reach 100% on a speed training day, only on occasion)
- Focus on your forearms and legs
- Understand your “drive phase”
- Perfect your explosiveness, endurance, and recovery
Although it’s speed training, it is important to keep your body relaxed and fluid. The more you force yourself to speed up, the more your body will tense up and will cause you to struggle. You will see the difference if you’re relaxed, and the drills will come easier as you train.