Defensive Back Training
“DBT” is a necessary component of all successful pro Dback’s training. In this training, you will work on technique; from the tiniest details, to overall strategy as a defensive player. Hand placement, footwork, stance, and back peddling are a few things that will be covered. DBT allows you to take advantage of one on one attention with a pro-athlete, rather than team training where you don’t get as much attention. A custom game plan will be developed by your DB coach, that will help you reach your highest level of performance and will prepare you for competing with the best. This training will not ony help you to stand out amongst your team and in your city, but across the nation. During this training, we will target your weaknesses and your strengths, improving on both to make you a great defensive player. You will practice on skills that will make you better than the rest, no matter what level you’re playing on. You will separate yourself from the rest, in order to elevate above the rest.
- You should always come out of DBT feeling that you did everything possible to play at your highest level.
- You have to be opened minded to change. There is nothing worse than wasting training time going back and forth with students over technique issues. Be coachable, and most important, be a great listener.
- DBT takes a lot of effort and trust. Be prepared to look at the overall picture! It will be tough in the beginning, but you will see results in your play quickly.
- What you put in is what you’ll get out.
- Back peddling
- Breaks on the ball
- Zone coverage & man coverage
- Press coverage technique
- Off man technique
- Catching the ball at highest point
- Correct pursuit angles to the ball
- Disguising your coverage
Before starting any training program, a skill assessment will be taken.